Monday 17 October 2011

Mullet skirt or 'high-low' hem skirts???

Mullet skirt aka 'high-low' skirt and I have also heard them being refereed to as fish tale hem,
Well Whatever they call them, they look amazing. Its a combination of a maxi and mini skirt and can be seen on runways from the likes of Alexander McQueen and Lanvin spring/summer 2011. As with every trend there are the hits and misses. This trend is no exception. At first glance I preferred the mullet skirt as a casual day look but with further research I found it difficult to pick the best looks.

Marry me...
Sarah Burton, for Alexander McQueen.  October 2010.
 Zuhair Murad, F/W 2010-2011 collection

Zoe Saldana in a Balmain mullet gown
I'm not to sure about Zoe Saldana  I'm having a love/hate relationship with this look. 

HORRIBLE/TRASHY/PLAIN WRONG

Miley Cryus.



Kesha.

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE.....

Miley Cryus- Marchesa's Spring 2011 collection.
Many people criticized this dress but I actually love it, it's so dreamy, maybe the trains a bit to long but otherwise i love it.  

Emma Roberts at the Lanvin November 2010 and  Hailee Steinfeld in a  high-low hemline by Stella McCartney.
Just Amazing from left:Mila kunis- Nina Ricci, Michelle Williams in Balenciaa and Khloe Kardashian in Blumarine.


Wendy Brandes mullet dress.
A Pair and a Spare
I think this look deserves a DIY, I might try and alter one of my maxi skirts or buy a thrifted one and DIY à la A Pair and a Spare .

No comments:

Post a Comment