Monday 17 October 2011

My reading list.

I love reading it's not a secret, but lately I have been slacking of. I'm not sure why, cause I love reading. So these are the books I am currently reading: 

1. The Diary of a Young Girl ANNE FRANK.

I have been wanting to read this book for some time now... so far so good. Very interesting insight to Anne Franks life whilst hiding for two years during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands.     

"Hiding... where would we hide?... Margot and I started packing our most important belongings into a satchel. The first thing I stuck in was this diary...' 

In July 1942, thirteen-year-old Anne Frank and her family, fleeing the horrors of Nazi occupation, went into hiding in an Amsterdam warehouse. Over the next two years Anne vividly describes in her diary not only the daily frustrations of living in such close quarters, but also her thoughts, feelings and longings as she grows up. Her diary ends abruptly and tragically when, in August 1944, Anne and her family were all finally betrayed.

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank remains the single most poignant story to emerge from the Second World War, and her diary has come to symbolize not only the horrors of the Holocaust but the strength of the human spirit in adversity.'One of the greatest books of the [last century].' The Guardian





2. blueeyedboy by Joanne Harris.

Recommended by a friend so I choose to buy it.                                                   

"Once there was a widow with three sons, and their names were Black, Brown and Blue. Black was the eldest; moody and aggressive. Brown was the middle child, timid and dull. But Blue was his mother's favourite. And he was a murderer."







No comments:

Post a Comment